Cloud Management Hall of Shame
Common cloud management practices that need to go away.
How does your cloud vendor score?
- Pay for the device but it stops working without subscriptions
- Business model is threatened by improved privacy laws
- Claim ownership of the data and rent "insights” back to customers
- Aggregate end-user metadata without informed consent
- No ability for customers to export their data
- No APIs for direct access to data
- Don’t allow customers to self-host
- Commingling customer data
- Send customer data to Big Tech using cookies, single sign-ons, and mapping APIs
- Only supports their own devices limiting your future options
- Customers have to sign an NDA about pricing